The holidays are a busy time of year, and can be very profitable. Many of your customers will be huge fans of the holiday season, so you want to bring a holiday in to your marketing strategy.
Here are 8 tips that can help you make the most of the holiday season in your business.
- Change the colors and fonts on your marketing materials, emails and web site.
- Use holiday-themed images in your blog posts, emails, and printed material.
- Add a holiday slant to your logo. Maybe a candy cane or reindeer around Christmas or a pumpkin for Halloween.
- Use promotions related to the holidays. Give each a holiday-inspired name such as Thanksgiving blow-out event, etc.
- Add holiday references to your content that explain the background of the holiday and how your product(s) tie in with that.
- Tweet reminders about your holiday specials. Use quotes pertaining to the holiday that tie in with your promotions.
- Use a holiday theme for your profile photo. A Santa cap, antlers, Uncle Sam hat, etc. Photos of your holiday-decorated office.
- Party photos can help your customers get into the holiday spirit, and the buying spirit.
Don't let the holidays slip up on you. Plan in advance so you have time to get everything in place. Your customers can spot a last minute, hastily thrown together event/sale that lacks the build up marching toward the holiday.